If you prefer viewing cPanel's instructions, please see this documentation: https://docs.cpanel.net/cpanel/files/backup-wizard/
Watch our own short video here:
Our own quick text instructions to backup your website and hosting account can be found below.
This will include your website(s), data, files, emails, cron jobs, cPanel configuration, domains set up in cPanel, and so on:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Click on Backup.
- Click on Download a Full Account Backup.
- If you don't need an email notification for when the backup finishes (since it's very fast), tick the box for "Do not send email notification of backup completion", and click on Generate Backup.
- Click on Go Back.
- Wait a few seconds and then refresh the page. If the backup that is below "Backups Available for Download" turns blue, it means it has completed. If not, wait a few more seconds/minutes and refresh the page.
- Click on the blue title to download it. Note that the file remains in your cPanel File Manager/FTP. After the download ends, follow the important instruction below.
- If you want to download it from File Manager, go to cPanel, click on File Manager and scroll down. Right click on it and click on Download. After the download ends, follow the important instruction below.
Important action required: Please delete the file generated after your download completes. If not, it will needlessly use your storage space. Since we offer daily backups, there's no need to backup your backups.
- Go to cPanel > File Manager.
- Scroll down to find the file. It has a title that starts with backup, followed by the date, and then your cPanel account name.
- Right click on it and click on Delete. Tick the "Skip the trash ..." checkbox and click on Confirm.
Submit a ticket if you need help!